Facebook made a significant change to its News Feed algorithm. Learn about Facebook's famous newsfeed algorithm, including several advanced tips to reach more fans..
There are two main things that dictate the Facebook algorithm. One is artificial intelligence , and the other is statistics. It is difficult to make a separation when one begins and the other ends, but when used in combination they have the amazing ability to make accurate predictions.
Recent Facebook statistics also point out that the platform provides one of the best ROI indicators for marketers when it comes to social advertising. Considering that your customers already have Facebook, you have every reason to.
Facebook's advertising algorithm does not give the highest priority to the highest bid, because Facebook wants to create a good user experience. If advertisers monopolize a news feed, Instagram, right column, or wherever you advertise on Facebook, people will not return to Facebook.
Facebook approves and trusts you to make the news feed better. So it's a good idea to use your strength wisely. Facebook provides the preferred view for news publishers because Facebook wants to become an accessible source of information in real-time, providing the latest news as it happens.
So What Is A Facebook Ad?
Advertising created by a company on Facebook and intended for the Facebook audience based on user activity, demographic and profile information, information about device usage and activity outside Facebook.
However, in 2013, Facebook began to allow the placement of ads in users' news feeds, which was the beginning of the growth of the social advertising industry.
How does Facebook advertising Algorithm work?
Advertising on Facebook helps companies and brands connect with the ideal target audience , who is most likely interested in their content and will interact with their products and services, leading to sales.
You can advertise your page, posts on your page, actions taken by users, or your site itself. Despite the fact that Facebook is paying more and more attention to native advertising and saving traffic on your site, you can still successfully send users to your site. Facebook ads are targeted to users based on their location, demographics, and profile information. Many of these options are available only on Facebook. After creating an ad, youset a budget and bid for each click or thousands of impressions your ad will receive.
- The Facebook algorithm controls the order and presentation of messages, so users see what is most relevant to them. Facebook also allows companies to use lifelong customer value, which will allow you to create a more targeted audience.
- An auction determines the order in which your ad appears in the news feed relative to other ads. If you target an audience of 1 million people, hundreds or thousands of other advertisers potentially target people from the same audience. The ad wins the auction and is thus shown first, second or third if it has the highest total value.
- Many brands and publishers have understandably responded to the ad with concern and apprehension. After all, Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world. Although organic coverage has been declining for some time, the platform has never before publicly acknowledged this.
Facebook algorithm changes
At the beginning of 2018, Facebook announced that it had updated its algorithm so that in the news feeds of users more attention was paid to messages from friends, family members, and groups. This made it difficult for brands to show their material in front of their desired audience and made many brands struggle to update their strategies.
Facebook Algorithm new features
Facebook has launched new features, such as a portal that allows people to make video calls through Messenger on mobile devices. The platform also released updates to help business owners and job seekers and even created Learn from Facebook, where job seekers can learn more about the valuable skills needed in the digital workplace.
To help you stay informed, here are some new and unique Facebook updates that you should be aware of for 2019.
- The Facebook algorithm was designed to focus content around friends and family members, rather than to give preference to spam from a business. This put legitimate companies and brands at a standstill as they had to adapt their marketing strategies to Facebook accordingly.
- Facebook Messenger is the best mobile application in terms of downloads, and the main Facebook application is second on the list. The dominance of mobile means that marketers have to plan content for mobile devices.
- 1.47 billion people log into the system daily. Meanwhile, 74 percent of US users visit Facebook daily, with just over half of them registering several times a day. This frequency speaks to the importance of a consistent publication schedule for your Facebook marketing strategy .
- Facebook makes it easier for advertisers to understand efficiency with tools like its new Creative Compass, which he recently began testing with selected partners.
- Facebook also recently added Playable Ads for gaming applications that allow users to “try before you buy,” which should lead to more frequent installations of users who have had the opportunity to try out the application before installing it.
- Creative Compass was designed as a “pretesting tool” that helps advertisers understand how an ad can appear before it is published.
- The vast majority of 96% of Facebook users have access to the network via a tablet or smartphone,
- Facebook also recently updated its video ad performance to help advertisers better cope with true video engagement and optimize video ads based on this behavior.
- Augmented reality advertisements, brands will be able to establish closer communication with users, helping them to interact and visualize various products and experiences on the Facebook platform.
If you are learning Facebook advertising algorithms for the first time or learning past skills, take the time to browse our list below. This destroys all the relevant changes that Facebook has made to the Facebook advertising algorithm. The breakdown of relevant changes is not only educational in nature, but also shows a retrospective look at each step taken by Facebook on this journey.
I hope this gives you a better understanding of how the Facebook ad algorithm works, even if in a simplified form. Although we like to think that we know our customers and their profile, there is a high probability that Facebook knows them better than you, because they are more efficient with the available data.